Monday, April 28, 2014

Friendship Lost

We came into this
Not knowing if we'd fit in
We found solace in each other
Together we grew tough skin

But that was four years ago
Where are we now?
It's like I disappeared from view
Lost my way somehow

We used to take those long walks
Talk about the things that mattered
Rain or shine, we'd go
Instead, those memories are shattered

I've been replaced
By the poison that's inside you
I can't change your path
It's out of my hands no matter what I do

I wonder if our friendship served a purpose
And if that role has been fulfilled
Is it time to move on?
Is there nothing left to build?

You said this year is the last
You wanted to make the best of it
I didn't know that meant abandoning those that care the most
For those who can commit to the same habits

In time you may find
Your friends now may not be your friends later
For me it is a loss
Of magnitude I have not known greater


No comments: