Sunday, October 27, 2019

Learning How to Let Go


Staying up late at night
Talking about our favorite cartoons and songs
We stumbled upon this connection
You helped me feel like I belong

We’d walk through parks
And play in the snow
You loved to watch me dance
How quickly your smile would grow

I started to create a vision
Of what my life could be
With you as my partner
There’d be beauty in every little thing

Then, little by little
We started growing apart
The reasons why, I’m not sure
But I began feeling a pain in my heart

You started going down your own path
And I went down mine
As quickly as we came together
Thus, diverged the lines

You wanted something new
A place to be and a person to become
Yet I already had the answers
The most difficult of times, I had already overcome

We tried to maintain the bond
Knowing it would never be like before
I tried to find home in your eyes
But I just couldn’t see it anymore

The pieces broke apart
As leaves do in the Fall
But Spring won’t bring us together again
Even though we’ve been through it all

It’s time to set you free
As the wind carries a dandelion seed to a new destination
So too will you find home in another place
And I, in search of a familiar sensation


No comments: